LE TEST DE CONNAISSANCE DU FRANÇAIS
WHAT IS THE TCF?
TCF (Test de Connaissance du Français) is a French language test that was conceived by the Centre International d’Etudes Pédagogiques (CIEP) in 2002. Questions are multiple choices, comprising 76 questions in total. Only one out of the four answers offered for each question is correct. Questions are presented in order of increasing difficulty, ranging from level A1 to level C2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Two optional examinations assess your reading and speaking efficiency in the target language.
It comprises three compulsory examinations and two supplementary examinations
|Three compulsory examinations||Two otional examinations|
1hours 25 minutes
|Listening 29 items 25 minutes||1 h 12||Speaking
|Proficiency in languages structures 18 questions 15 minutes||Writing
|Reading 29 questions 45 minutes|
Description on the website of the Centre International d’Etudes Pédagogiques : http://www.ciep.fr/en/tcf (Diplomas and tests, information for candidates…)
Tests’ examples : http://apprendre.tv5monde.com/fr/apprendre-francais/accueil-tcf
WHO CAN APPLY?
Anyone who, for personal, academic or professional reasons, want to have their French skills assessed and certified reliably by the way of a recognized test. The TCF has been also designed for teenagers (16 years old and upwards) and adults. No qualifications or other preparation is required to apply for the TCF.
– The TCF is also used for diplomatic and consular officials who need a certification in the assess of their skills in French as a third language.
– The TCF is an official certification for students wanting to apply to French universities and not having a French “Baccalauréat” (high school diploma).
– Anyone wishing to immigrate to Québec: the TCF for Quebec is specifically designed to meet the standards of the Quebec Ministry of Immigration
WHERE? WHEN? HOW TO GET THE RESULTS? HOW LONG IS THE VALIDITY OF THE TEST?
– The test takes place in the French Institute, on computers.
– The oral test is done with an examiner of the IFF.
– The correction of the test is centralized and computerized in the CIEP facilities. Speaking and writing examinations lead to a double correction.
– The certificates are sent within 15 working days.
– The certificate is valid for two years from the date you have completed the tests. (The date is written on the certificate).
|Tests schedule||Registration until|
|Friday February 7th||January 24th|
|Friday March 6th||February 21th|
|Friday April 3rd||March 20th|
|Friday May 8th||April 24th|
|Friday June 5th||May 22nd|
|Frais administratifs||10 €|
|Mandatory examination||104 €|
|Optional examinations: (writing, speaking)||55 € / épreuve|
|TCF DAP (for preliminary admission application – French universities)||104 €|
|TCF Québec||55 € / épreuve|
|TCF Canada||55 € / épreuve|
Added administration fees : 10€
Contact us :