Presentation of the Program
Developed by the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and launched during the French Presidency of the European Union, the ”France Excellence Europa” scholarship program allows students from 26 European Union countries to obtain a scholarship to study at the Master’s level in a French higher education institution.
Conditions of eligibility
- Students must be nationals of one of the following 26 European Union member states: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden. Please note: Students of French nationality, including bi-nationals, are not eligible for the program.
- Be between 18 and 26 years old at the time of the beginning of the mobility in France.
- Be admitted in a French higher education institution in Master 1 or Master 2 for the academic year 2023-24 (or application certificate, see below).
- Not be a holder of a French higher education diploma or currently registered in France for a diploma issued by a French institution.
- Not be a holder of an Erasmus +, AUF or other French ministry scholarship.
- Culture and heritage
- Education, pedagogy
- French language and civilization, foreign languages and civilizations and European studies
- Political and legal sciences
- Health sciences
- Environmental sciences
- Digital Science
Duration of the scholarship
The scholarship is awarded for a duration of:
- A maximum of 12 months when enrolling in M2
- A maximum of 24 months for a M1 registration
Benefits of a ”France Excellence Europa” scholarship
- Payment of a semester allowance of 6 850 € ;
- Payment of an installation allowance of 1 700 €;
- Exemption from registration fees for the national diploma in universities and public institutions under the supervision of the Ministry of Higher Education;
- Priority assistance in finding accommodation in CROUS university residences (the rent is paid by the scholarship holder);
- Affiliation to an insurance plan during the first 3 months of arrival in France (pending affiliation to the general social security system) for non-holders of a European Health Insurance Card;
- Affiliation to a complementary health insurance plan;
- Exemption from the CVEC – Contribution de Vie Etudiante et de Campus  ;
- Preferential rates for cultural activities organized by Campus France.
The ”France Excellence Europa” scholarship does not cover training costs, nor international or national transportation costs.
 However, it will be necessary to create an account on messervices.etudiant.gouv.fr and to connect to cvec.etudiant.gouv.fr to obtain a certificate of exemption
How To Apply for the ”France Excellence Europa” Scholarship?
Documents to be included in the application file
- Application form ”France Excellence Europa Scholarship” duly completed and signed
Please note: You must download and save the PDF form on your computer (right click and save the link as…), before opening it with Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to fill it in.
- CV (in French or in English)
- Covering letter (in French or English)
- Copy of the last higher education diploma obtained or of the high school diploma if the applicant is currently studying at university level. The diploma of higher education must be sent as soon as it is obtained (translated into French or English).
- Copies of transcripts from the last 2 years of higher education (translated into French or English)
- Copy of an identity document (passport, ID card)
- Letter of admission in Master 1 or Master 2 in a French higher education institution for the year 2023-24 *
- Copies of diplomas or certifications of level in French (DELF, DALF, TCF, TEF)
- Copies of English language diplomas or certifications (TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS)
- Letters of recommendation (in French or English)
* If the applicant is not yet in possession of a letter of admission for the academic year 2023-24, he/she must attach a certificate (sworn statement) stating the name of the institution and the title of the program planned for the year 2023-24, according to the model below, and a copy of the exchanges with the institution. Please note: a certificate is required for each choice of course to be attached to the application file.
Please note: The admission letter must be sent as soon as possible, as soon as it is received by the applicant.
The deadline for submitting applications is March 30, 2023.
Sending the application
Applicants must send their application files electronically to the French Embassy represented in their country of nationality.
for Finland FEE.Finlande@campusfrance.org
The ”France Excellence Europa” scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic excellence and is in line with the strategic priorities of the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs.
Applications are pre-selected by the university cooperation services of the French embassies. The applications are then evaluated within the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs by cooperation specialists in the eligible fields.
- Pre-selection of candidates by the French embassies: from March 30 to April 14, 2023
- Selection committees: between April 17 and 28, 2023
- Individual notification of results to candidates on the main list and to candidates on the complementary list: from May 2, 2023
- Finalization of the list of successful candidates: July 2023
If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to FEE.Finlande@campusfrance.org