The France-Nokia Chaire d’Excellence in Information and Communications Technologies offers a unique opportunity for a distinguished French scholar/researcher to engage in international research collaboration. The Chair position is available for scholars and specialists in Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) to work within a higher education or research institution in Finland.
The objectives of the France-Nokia Chaire d’Excellence in ICT are:
- Advancing ICT research,
- Developing international exchange and collaboration between the French and Finnish higher education institutions,
- Encouraging joint publications between French and Finnish researchers in the ICT domain,
- If appropriate, mentoring student research at the master and doctoral level, and
- Organizing and participating in public lectures.
The minimum period for the visit is four months. The visiting researcher coming to Finland will typically participate in research work, give lectures or, if applicable, collaborate with Finnish companies.
The collaboration is expected to progress the field of ICT. Candidates should be eminent scholars and have a prominent record of scholarly accomplishment, including a significant publication record.
The France-Nokia Chaire d’Excellence in Information and Communications Technologies is jointly funded by the Nokia Foundation (20 000 €) and the French researcher’s home institution (20 000 €). The grant will support costs related to the visiting period. Minimum visit period of 4 months is required, but the French researcher can stay for a longer period if agreed between home and host institutions. The mobility can take place in 2023 or in 2024 according to the researcher’s availability.
The visiting researcher does not necessarily need to speak Finnish or Swedish in order to be able to live in Finland. English is widely spoken in academic circles and in the country as a whole.
For the 2023 program, one distinguished French researcher will be selected for a grant.
How to apply
Call for applications is open from December 5th 2022 to April 21st 2023.
Please fill in the application form: https://nokiafoundation.apurahat.net
The application should include the following attachments:
- Detailed working plan of the visit
- Applicant’s Curriculum Vitae
- Invitation letter from the host university or institute of the visit
- Sponsoring letter from the home university or institute
For further information, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org or in English email@example.com
Deadline for applications: April 21st, 2023.
Selection results will be communicated at the end of May.