The Chair position is available for scholars and specialists in Information and Communications Technologies to work within a higher education or research institution in Finland.
The objectives of the France-Nokia Excellence Chair are:
- advancing ICT research,
- developing international exchange and collaboration between the French and Finnish higher education institutions
- encouraging joint publications between French and Finnish researchers in the ICT domain,
- if appropriate, mentoring student research at the master and doctoral level,
- organizing and participating in public lectures
The minimum period for the visit is four months. The visiting researcher coming to Finland will typically participate in research work, give lectures or, if applicable, collaborate with Finnish companies.
The collaboration is expected to progress the field of ICT. Candidates should be eminent scholars and have a prominent record of scholarly accomplishment, including a significant publication record.
The France-Nokia Chaire d’Excellence in Information and Communications Technologies is jointly funded by the Nokia Foundation (20 000 €) and the French researcher home institution (20 000 €). The grant will support costs related to the visiting period. If the minimum period of 4 months is required, the French researcher can stay for a longer period if agreed between home and host institutions.
The visiting researcher does not necessarily need to speak Finnish or Swedish in order to be able to live in Finland. English is widely spoken in academic circles and in the country as a whole.
For the 2022 program, one distinguished French researcher will be selected for a grant.
How to apply
Please send your application form along with the following required documents in one single PDF document to email@example.com:
- Completed application form
- Commitment letter (for matched funding) from the sponsoring organization
- Invitation letter from the host university or institute of the visit
- Sponsoring letter from the home university or institute
- Other supporting statements
- Detailed working plan of the visit
- Applicant’s Curriculum Vitae
Application form can be downloaded here
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: April 19th, 2022.
If needed, online interviews are organized for the preselected applicants the first week of May.
Selection results will be communicated at the end of May.