Together with the French Book Fair and la Presse Jeunesse, the French Institute offers a book selection for French speaking readers around the globe.
The books are divided into three categories :
My first stories in French for 3 to 7-year-olds
Kaléidoscopages de Delphine Perret
Le Grand serpent de Adrien Parlange
Kiki en promenade de Marie Mirgaine
C’est mon arbre de Olivier Tallec
Cap ! de Loren Capelli
More confirmed readers of 8 to 14 years of age
Akita et les Grizzly de Caroline Solé et Gaya Wisniewski
Hamaïka et le poisson de Pierre Zapolarrua et Anastasia Parrotto
L’avorton de Adrien Cadot
Rumeur de Thomas Lavachery
Sans foi ni loi de Marion Brunet
Le Dernier sur la plaine de Nathalie Bernard
Cartoons for all
La Ligue des super féministes de Mirion Malle
Sabre de Eric Feres
Les Vermeilles de Camille Jourdy
K.O. à Cuba de Camille Cussac
Saison des roses de Chloé Wary
A vote for your favorite book will be organised at the Institute’s library on November 28th. Based on the votes cast at French Institutes all over the world, Pépites Internationales awards will be granted at the Paris Book Fair and la Presse Jeunesse 2020.
For children and youth attending French courses at the French Institute of Finland, activities to discover the books will be organised on Saturday 3rd and 24th of October. During the month of November, the course participants will be offered other reading and discussion activities.
Activities open for all will be organised at the Institute’s library as follows:
- Thursday October 22nd: digital meeting with Camille de Cussac, author of O. à Cuba
- Saturday October 24th at 10.30-13 o’clock: activities in French for children and youth to discover the books (reading aloud, colouring, etc.)
- Thursday October 29th: digital meeting with Chloé Wary, author of Saison des Roses
- Thursday November 5th: digital meeting with Adrien Parlange, author of Le Grand Serpent
- Thursday November 12th: digital meeting with Loren Capelli, author of Cap !
- Saturday November 14th at 10.30-13 o’clock: activities in French for children and youth to discover the books (reading workshops, discussions, games, etc.)
- Saturday November 28th at 10.30-13 o’clock: activities to exchange and to vote (Booktube, etc.)
French teachers, please contact the Institute’s library
or Anne-Laure Rigeade, attaché for French Language Cooperation, and make an appointment for your class!