- If you are a complete beginner, you may enroll directly in one of our Beginner 1 (A0) courses: register online!
- If you were already registered at Institut français in the last 12 months, you can also register directlyonline!
- If you already know your level because you recently took a certificate or a test in French (less than 2 years ago), register directlyonline!
- If you are a new student, Institut français offers several options to evaluate your language proficiency level:
- Auto assessment: click here to read the description of the Common European Framework of Levels for Languages and check your level.
- Check your level of oral comprehension with the quick test on TV5Monde (14 questions).
- Check your level of oral and written comprehension with the TCF training test (40 questions).
- Book an appointment for a free level assessment via Teams with the course director or pedagogical coordinator (duration approx. 10-15 min) by sending a message to our course department: cours@iffadmin
The placement test is a way for us to better understand your strengths and needs in order to recommend the course best suited to your current level. It is very important and part of the services d’excellence provided by the Institut français in Finland.